Installing electric vehicle (EV) chargers at the workplace is a great way to attract and retain employees who drive electric cars. However, it’s important to choose the right location for your workplace EV chargers. Here are some factors to consider when deciding where to install them.
- Visibility: Make sure the charging stations are easily visible to your employees. Consider placing them in a location that is easily accessible and visible from the parking lot or entrance to the building. This will help employees quickly locate the chargers and encourage them to use them.
- Accessibility: Ensure the location of the chargers is easily accessible to all employees. If possible, install them in a central location that is close to the building entrance. If you have multiple buildings on your site, consider installing chargers in each building.
- Safety: Safety is always a top priority, so ensure that the location of the chargers is well-lit and visible at night. Make sure there are no obstacles blocking the pathway to the charging station and that the area is free from hazards.
- Electrical Infrastructure: Ensure that the location you choose has access to the necessary electrical infrastructure to support EV charging. This includes sufficient electrical capacity and the proper voltage.
- Future Expansion: Consider the potential for future expansion when choosing a location. As more employees switch to EVs, you may need to install additional chargers to meet demand.
Ultimately, the best location for your workplace EV chargers will depend on your unique situation. By carefully considering these factors, you can choose a location that maximizes convenience and accessibility for your employees while ensuring safety and efficient operation of the chargers.