Congratulations on installing electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in your workplace! One important aspect of your EV charging station installation is making sure that it is easily accessible and visible to your employees. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the importance of EV charging station signage and what kind of signage you should put around your newly installed workplace EV chargers.
Importance of EV Charging Station Signage
Signage is an important component of any EV charging station installation. It helps ensure that your employees know where the charging stations are located and how to use them, as well as any relevant policies or guidelines for charging. Good signage can help prevent confusion and frustration, and ensure that your EV charging stations are used effectively and efficiently.
What Kind of Signage Should You Use?
There are several types of signage that you should consider for your workplace EV charging stations:
- Location Signage – Make sure that you have clear signage directing employees to the location of the EV charging stations. This can include directional arrows, signs with the words “Electric Vehicle Charging Stations,” or any other clear and concise signage that helps employees locate the charging stations.
- Instructional Signage – It’s important to provide clear instructions on how to use the EV charging stations. This can include signs with information on how to initiate a charging session, how to use the charging cable, how to pay for charging (if applicable), and any other important instructions.
- Safety Signage – EV charging stations are generally safe to use, but it’s important to provide clear safety information to employees. This can include signs reminding employees not to touch the charging cable while it’s in use, to avoid parking in front of or blocking the charging stations, and any other relevant safety guidelines.
- Pricing Signage (if applicable) – If your EV charging stations require payment, it’s important to clearly display the pricing information. This can include signs indicating the cost per kilowatt-hour or any other pricing structure you’ve established.
- EV Charging Etiquette Signage – Promote courteous behavior by displaying signage that promotes electric vehicle charging etiquette such as “Don’t charge for more than 2 hours” or “Please move your vehicle once charging is complete”.
Where Should You Place Your Signage?
Place your signage in a visible location near your EV charging stations. Consider installing them at eye level, with clear and legible fonts, and contrasting colors to help them stand out. It’s also a good idea to place signage at strategic locations throughout your workplace to help employees locate the charging stations. This will help promote the effective and efficient use of your EV charging stations and encourage the adoption of EVs in your workplace.