Workplace charging is a great option for property owners who want to attract EV drivers and provide an added benefit to their tenants. By installing workplace charging, you can show your commitment to sustainability and make it easier for tenants to commute in their EVs.
Here are some benefits of installing workplace charging for property owners:
- Attract and retain tenants: With more people driving electric vehicles, installing workplace charging can be a major draw for potential tenants. Offering charging as an amenity can set your property apart from others in the area and make it a more attractive option for environmentally-conscious renters.
- Increase property value: Installing workplace charging can also increase the value of your property. As EV ownership continues to grow, so will the demand for charging infrastructure. By being ahead of the curve and offering charging at your property, you can position yourself as a forward-thinking owner and potentially increase the value of your property.
- Generate additional revenue: If you choose to charge a fee for workplace charging, it can provide an additional revenue stream for your property. Charging rates can vary, but typically range from $0.10 to $0.30 per kilowatt hour. This can add up quickly, especially if you have multiple EV drivers using your charging stations on a daily basis.
- Support sustainability goals: Installing workplace charging can also help you achieve your sustainability goals. By encouraging EV use, you can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to a cleaner environment. Additionally, promoting sustainable practices can improve your reputation and attract tenants who share your values.
- Future-proof your property: As mentioned earlier, EV ownership is expected to continue growing in the coming years. By installing workplace charging now, you can future-proof your property and ensure it remains attractive to tenants for years to come. This can also help you stay ahead of any potential regulations or requirements for EV charging infrastructure.
From attracting and retaining tenants to supporting sustainability goals and generating additional revenue, there are many reasons to consider adding EV charging to your property. With the growing popularity of electric vehicles, now is the perfect time to get ahead of the curve and offer workplace charging at your property.