ETCleanFuels has opened applications for a Communications Assistant in our Knoxville, TN offices. The position is part-time and open to current Bachelors or Masters students, as well as those who are less than one year post-graduation.
East Tennessee Clean Fuels’ (ETCleanFuels) mission is to increase the use of cleaner American fuels and vehicles and energy-saving transportation technologies to improve air quality and health, curb dependence on imported petroleum and support Tennessee’s economy. More specifically, we work to implement alt-fuel projects in East Tennessee and work to make ETCleanFuels a sustainable coalition of involved participants from across East Tennessee.
Role / Purpose
This is a multifaceted role suited for persons interested in communications work set in the nonprofit world.
The assistant will support ETCleanFuels by:
- Assist current Communications Coordinator and Project Managers
- Using social media to build the ETCF network
- Create content and content strategy for all social media channels
- Research news and trending data in the alternative fuel field
- Assist in curating regularly-scheduled newsletters, events, and outreach
- Develop graphics and videography content
- Updating content strategy spreadsheets
- Helping plan and participate in events for ETCF
- Other items, as needed
15-20 hours per week (arranged around the student’s schedule) for the Spring semester, with the potential to extend into Summer. Work will be primarily in-office, during office hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F).
- Must be a student or within one year post-graduation from university
- Strong social media skills, including TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Proficient in Google Suite & Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with content creation for digital distribution
- Able to work independently
Deadline: March 7, 2022
Send your resume and cover letter to ETCleanFuels’ Project Manager, Madelyn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.