East Tennessee Clean Fuels, a 501c3 non-profit organization housed under the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment, is accepting applications for a DriveElectricTN Coordinator position. The position is a full-time, UTK-contracted position with benefits and paid leave commensurate with University of Tennessee staff. Interviews will begin on June 14, 2021, but applications will continue to be accepted after that date.
About our Organization
East Tennessee Clean Fuels’ (ETCleanFuels) mission is to increase the use of cleaner American fuels and vehicles and energy-saving transportation technologies to improve air quality and health, curb dependence on imported petroleum and support Tennessee’s economy. ETCleanFuels works with vehicle fleets, individual owners, and fuel providers to create partnerships to facilitate the implementation of alternative fuels throughout Tennessee. ETCleanFuels works closely with Middle-West Tennessee Clean Fuels, creating a statewide hub for all things alternative fuels and manages the Drive Electric Tennessee (DET) initiative.
DriveElectricTN’s goal is to see 200,000 electric vehicle’s on Tennessee’s roads by 2028. Beginning with an electrification roadmap released in 2019, DriveElectricTN has become a multi-stakeholder statewide initiative encompassing state government organizations, local power companies, electric vehicle and charging providers, non-profits, local businesses, and engaged individuals who are all working towards the goal of increasing EV awareness and adoption.
ETCleanFuels is seeking a coordinator for our Drive Electric Tennessee program. The Drive Electric Tennessee (DET) Coordinator will manage project stakeholders (current and potential) including public, Working Group, and internal communications. Additionally, the position requires coordination and the ability to provide or assist with direction of DET-related projects such as the EV Experience Ride n’ Drive program, data collection, and public outreach programs. (DET has four primary “Working Groups” that tackle different aspects of barriers to greater EV adoption and use in TN.)
We are seeking a passionate, self-organized Coordinator who is comfortable with in-person, phone, and digital communications, as well as having project management experience.
Specific duties that are included but not limited to:
- Production of communication media associated with development and adding content to social media pages, electronic communications, press releases, event announcements.
- Conducts inquiries and outreach to potential stakeholders of DET to build membership programs. Creates communication to stakeholders and future stakeholder to promote and retain memberships.
- Creation and organization of communications, webinars, in-person events, and conference calls for DET stakeholders to communicate project successes, coordinate and track Working Group progress, and plan future communication efforts.
- Management of ongoing DET Working Groups projects including coordination efforts where needed and managing timeline constraints to ensure team members across Tennessee are notified and are on schedule.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field with 1+ years experience
- equivalent experience of four years experience with relevant work
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with 1-2 years experience
- Experience with fundraising and/or in nonprofit/small-business management environment
- Experience managing finances and budgets
- Experience working with other employees in a supportive but fast-paced work environment
- Experience creating marketing materials, such as newsletters, fundraising emails, sell sheets, and brochures and fliers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to successfully work with multiple employees working on disparate projects
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong networking and team-building skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite softwares including; Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Knowledge of Google Sheets and Docs
- Ability to work with the public and electric vehicle partners of various backgrounds
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some fundraising experience
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system
- Familiarity with electric vehicles and related technologies
- Experience managing lots of file and data
- Familiarity with Adobe suite including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign