The alternative fuel data that the U.S. EIA collects – federal, state, and transit agencies, and fuel provider fleets
- The Renewable Fuels Association’s List of Flexible Fuel Vehicles, or FFVs, 2019 and older
- National Biofuel Production Maps:
>> Ethanol, from EthanolProducer.com
>> Biodiesel production map, from BiodieselMagazine.com
- Idle Reduction – OEM Statements Conspectus – ORNL, ETCFC — has every OEM that sells vehicles in the U.S.
statement on how long their vehicles or engines should or should NOT idle
- CNG & Propane Conversions of Older Vehicles:
>> a written description on the EPA rulemaking from 2011 on “Intermediate Age” and “Outside Useful Life”
>> The 2011 official EPA Rulemaking document provide final details on the rule and new process
- VINs, or Vehicle Identification Numbers: What do the numbers and letters in a VIN mean?
Types of vehicles by weight class – See the image below, or see the FHWA and EPA classes & categories compared