On October 15, 2019, the East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition (ETCleanFuels) announced the opening of the 2020 “Reducing Diesel Emissions for a Healthier Tennessee” Rebate program. In this program, grant funding is available in Tennessee to replace older, diesel vehicles with a) new alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) that can run on propane, compressed natural gas (CNG), electricity, or that are hybrids, OR b) new diesel vehicles. Funding can now also be requested for efforts towards replacing engines in older diesel vehicles with new alternative-fueled or diesel engines, converting OEM diesel vehicles to run on alternative fuels, and the addition of Truck Stop Electrification (TSE, and similar) equipment at Tennessee-based Travel Centers.
There are some changes to the funding this year. Here is a summary related to this year’s funding:
- A total of $289,000 is available for 2020
- The deadline for turning in completed applications with all needed materials is December 10, 2019
- Any private or public entity that has vehicles that reside in any county in Tennessee may apply
- New alternative fuel and diesel vehicles may be applied for, however a priority will be applied to new alternative fuel vehicles over new diesel vehicles
- In past years, the maximum for applications was 100% of the incremental cost up to a maximum of $25,000. This year that has been updated to be as high as 45% of the total new vehicle cost!
- Also new this year is the availability of funding to a) repower an older diesel vehicle or b) convert an older diesel vehicle to run on an alternative fuel.
- Funds for TSE are still an option in this year’s funding.
- For any other information, please read the RFP & Application.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Jonathan Overly of East Tennessee Clean Fuels at 865‐974‐3625 or jonathan[at]etcleanfuels.org.